- A fully funded PH.D. position is available for a project on surface properties of high entropy alloys. The deadline for application is the 31st of January. Find more.
- Liam Chandler was awarded the Best Poster Prize for his presentation on “Quasiperiodic Tilings Fabricated with Nanolithography and their Magnetic Properties” at European C-MetAC Days Conference held in Split, Croatia (November 2022). Congratulation Liam!
- Dominic Burnie completed his PhD. The thesis title is Icosahedral Ag-In-Yb surfaces: clean surfaces, atomic motion, and adsorbate structures. Congratulation! (September 2022)
- Liam Chandler, a 1st year PhD student, was awarded the IOP Thin Films and Surfaces Group Best Poster Prize for his work on “Multiscale Quasiperiodic Architectures and Characterising Their Physical Properties” (July 2022)
- Delivered an invited talk at the International Conference on Frontier of Physics (ICFP)-2022, Nepal Physical Society, Kathmandu (January 2022)
- Delivered an invited talk at the 25th International Union of Crystallography (IUCr) Congress, Prague, Czech Republic (August 2021): Epitaxial thin films on Tsai-type quasicrystals
- An article published in a journal of the American Institute of Physics. It has been promoted as an Editor’s Pick.
- We hosted a summer school ‘Complex Intermetallic Compounds for Applications’ from 24-28 May 2021. This is an annual event organised by the European Integrated Centre for the Development of New Metallic Alloys and Compounds (ECMetAC), report.
- A fully-funded PhD position is available, Surface Properties of New Complex Metallic Alloys, the deadline for application is 12th March 2021
- A joint paper with Tokyo University of Science and other institutes in Japan is published in Americal Physical Society Journal Physical Review B.
- Report of the 2nd NRN Global Knowledge Convention has been submitted to the Foreign Minister of Nepal.
- We contributed a chapter in a book ‘Materials Horizons: From Nature to Nanomaterials, Recent Advances in Thin Films‘ published by Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd 2020.
- Differences in orientational planar density may influence the growth of thin films on quasicrystal surface, see recently published article, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter 32, 425006 (2020)
- We found a new growth phenomenon that contrasts with conventional thin-film growth modes, see our recent publication, Physical Review Materials 4, 026003 (2020).
- A tribute to late Prof Tsai, article
- Sam Coates successfully completed his PhD and has now joined Tokyo University of Science for a postdoc position
- Two fully-funded PhD positions available: Multiscale Quasiperiodic Metamaterials and New Horizons in Quasicrystals
- Reports of the 1st NRN Global Knowledge Convention has been submitted to the Prime Minister of Nepal
- 1st Global Knowledge Convention organised by NRNA in partnership with the Government of Nepal concluded, October 2018, summary, abstract booklet, interview on Image Chanel TV, Prime Time TV, daily newspaper, Inauguration speech
- The University of Liverpool news highlight our finding of a square quasicrystalline overlayer, August 2018
- Blog on A Square Quasicrystal Nature Research Chemistry Community, August 2018
- Work published in Nature Communication, A molecular overlayer with the Fibonacci square grid structure, August 2018
- Elected to the Committee of the Thin Films and Surfaces Group of the Institute of Physics, August 2018
- A one-day workshop on surface science research to be held at the University of Liverpool on 11th December 2017, SSD@UoL17
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy is awarded in recognition of attainment against the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and learning support in higher education, June 2017
- The proceedings of 13th International Conference on Quasicrystals (ICQ13) published, IOP Journal of Physics: Conference Series 809, March 2017
- PhD position available on Nano-Science and Applications of Intermetallic Compounds, March 2017
- 13th International Conference on Quasicrystals concluded, the University of Liverpool News (2016), TALKSHOW in Nepal TV about ICQ13, ICQ13 Proceeding, Report on ICQ13 in ABC TV
- Quasicrystals now in molecular layers, Nature Nanotechnology highlight (2014)
- Relative Stability of quasicrystal surfaces, Institute of Physics (IOP) Science highlight (2013)
- Polygrain samples provide crystal stability insights, Institute of Physics (IOP) Science highlight (2013)
- Templated three-dimensional growth of quasicrystalline Pb, European CMAC highlight (2013)
- Three-dimensional structure for single-element quasicrystals, The Japan News by The Yomiuri Shimbun (2013)